Public sector agencies are endeavouring to work better collaboratively - joint work across agency and sector boundaries. The Public Sector Act 2020 puts in legislation a commitment to do so. However, despite good intentions, collaborative initiatives encounter barriers due to the way government operates.
This webinar series canvassed the following three questions:
- What has the public service done so far to better enable collaborative work?
- What can be done next to further reduce barriers to collaborative work?
- What are the difficult issues for the public service and how can these complex trade-offs be addressed?
You can view the recordings of each webinar below -
Webinar 1 - A Focus on the Hardwired Levels, Machinery of Government, Structural and Accountability Rifts
Webinar 1 Resources -
- Julie Fry’s Report for The Productivity Commission - https://www.productivity.govt.nz/research/togetheralone/
- Callum referred to these resources - https://www.publicservice.govt.nz/resources/mog-shared-problems/
- Derek’s article - https://ipanz.org.nz/Article?Action=View&Article_id=150384
Webinar 2 - A Focus on Soft Levers, Behavioural Culture and Relational Shifts
Webinar 3 - A Focus on Public Service Collaboration with Community and Iwi
Webinar Resources -
- Geoff Lewis's slides - Quadrant Diagram.pdf