Public Sector Journal 46.1 - April 2023
This issue of Public Sector begins our in-depth look at what you have told us it's like working in the public service. We also explore the role of the Ombudsman, ideas for engaging young people in policy development, what makes good strategy and the changing (diverse) face of the public sector, amongst other things. I particularly enjoy the articles about public servants making a difference at work every day. See below for a full list of articles in this issue. Enjoy.
- President's Message: On the importance of being politically neutral.
- The state of the core state - what you’ve told us about working in the public service.
- The Ombudsman - championing fairness for 60 years.
- Diversity - how the public sector has changed over time.
- Introducing the Winner of the 2022 IPANZ Public Administration prize.
- Public and private sectors - reflecting on differences and opportunities.
- Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture inspectors undertake an important public service.
- Parliamentary representation for women - the struggle to 50 percent.
- Dashboards - getting better value from them.
- ACC call centre workers - making a difference one call at a time.
- Writing good public sector strategy.
- Nonviolent communication - might this help the public service?
- Engaging rangatahi and tamariki- a case study from Auckland Council.
- Profiling the new infrastructure strategy - Rautaki Hanganga o Aotearoa New Zealand Infrastructure Strategy.