The New Professionals are offering you the chance to work through the Public Sector 101 course at a discounted rate, with a group of your peers. The Public Sector 101 Online New Professionals Study Group will run from 1 November and finish up before Christmas! No pre-reading or homework required. Sign up now for a comprehensive introduction to the public sector in just 10 ½ hours over 7 sessions. Spaces are limited.
Who is this for?
This Study Group is ideal for anyone new to the public sector or new to working with the public sector, who would like to know more about how it all works. It’s also a great opportunity to meet your peers and form relationships across government.
How will it work?
Each session, the Study Group will watch a video presentation delivered by an experienced public sector practitioner and then discuss questions from a workbook. The Study Group will be held via Microsoft Teams on Tuesday evenings, starting on 1 November 2022 and ending on 13 December 2022.
- IPANZ/New Professionals Members - $75.00 + GST
- Non-Members - $100.00 + GST
Session Dates and Content:
|Tuesday 1 November, 6.00-7.30pm|
- Welcome and Introductions
- Overview and Fundamentals of the Public Sector - Presented by Shenagh Gleisner, Executive Director, IPANZ
|Tuesday 8 November, 6.00-7.30pm|
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi - Presented by Katy Te Amo, Consultant to the Public Sector
|Tuesday 15 November, 6.00-7.30pm|
- Parliament, Legislation and The Constitution - Presented by Professor Jonathan Boston, Chair, School of Government, Victoria University of Wellington
|Tuesday 22 November, 6.00-7.30pm|
- Public Sector Agencies - Presented by Deborah Roche, Former Chief Governance Officer, Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
|Tuesday 28 November, 6.00-7.30pm|
- Ministers, Officials and the Policy Process - Presented by Maarten Wevers, Former Chief Executive, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC)
|Tuesday 6 December, 6.00-7.30pm|
- Parliament's Financial Cycle - Presented by James Picker, Clerk Assistant, Office of the Clerk of House of Representatives
|Tuesday 13 December, 6.00-7.30pm|
- Scrutiny and Integrity - Presented by Lyn Provost, Former Controller and Auditor-General, Office of the Auditor-General (OAG)
We will forward you the login details for Public Sector 101 and the Microsoft Teams link the week before the first session on Tuesday 1 November.