Public Sector 101 is a comprehensive introduction to the public sector that you can work through in your own time and at your own pace.
Public Sector 101 consists of seven modules, each with a video presentation delivered by highly experienced public sector practitioner, and a workbook including presentation content and carefully selected links to additional resources for further learning.
This online learning resource is ideal for anyone new to the public sector or anyone who works in NGOs, local government agencies, businesses and others that work in or with the public sector, to help build the knowledge about how it all works.
The modules are:
- Overview and Fundamentals of the Public Sector – Presented by Shenagh Gleisner, Executive Director, IPANZ (This module is currently being revised. All updated material will be forwarded once this revision is complete).
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi – Presented by Katy Te Amo, Independent Consultant to the Public Sector
- Parliament, Legislation and The Constitution – Presented by Professor Jonathan Boston, Chair, School of Government, Victoria University of Wellington
- Public Sector Agencies – Presented by Deborah Roche, Chief Governance Officer, Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- Ministers, Officials and the Policy Process – Presented by Maarten Wevers, former Chief Executive of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet (DPMC)
- Parliament’s Financial Cycle – Presented by James Picker, Clerk Assistant, Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives
- Scrutiny and Integrity – Presented by Lyn Provost, former Controller and Auditor-General, Office of the Auditor-General (OAG)
We have brought together an incredible range of expertise to prepare and deliver each module, to ensure the information shared is reliable and built on first-hand experience in the sector.
We hope the learnings help you to perform your roles, wherever you are in the system, knowledgably, professionally and with a spirit of service.
You can preview a short clip from one of our video presentations below and download a sample workbook here –
Anyone wanting to access this resource will first need to have or create a login to the IPANZ website, you can do this from the IPANZ homepage. (You will find step by step instructions to create a login here)
We have a range of registration/sign up options and prices available. Access to this learning resource is only available once the registration/sign up is completed and payment has been made - you will receive a confirmation email with access details when payment has been received. The registration/sign up costs are listed below, you can pay by credit card or we can invoice you.
Registration/Sign up Options Include:
Individual Registration - Anyone can register/sign up for access to this online learning resource. Once you have registered and payment has been received you will be granted access to the modules.
|IPANZ Members - $125.00 + GST per person|
|Non-IPANZ Members - $175.00 + GST per person|
Group Registration (20-100 people) - We can register your team or a group of 20-100 people at the discounted rate below. We will need you to email us the names, job titles, email addresses & phone numbers for each person - these can be emailed to email@example.com. Once we have registered each person and payment has been received your team/group will receive a confirmation with access details - this may take 1-3 working days to process.
|IPANZ Members - $100.00 + GST per person|
|Non-IPANZ Members - $150.00 + GST per person|
Group Registration (100 + people) - We can register large groups of over 100 people at the discounted rate below. We will need you to email us the names, job titles, email addresses & phone numbers for each person - these can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have registered each person and payment has been received your team/group will receive a confirmation with access details - this will take up to 5 working days to process.
|IPANZ Members - $75.00 + GST per person|
|Non-IPANZ Members - $100.00 + GST per person|
Purchasing this Learning Resource - If you would like to purchase Public Sector 101 for internal use, please contact our Event Manager, Fiona McDonald to discuss the options and costs - email@example.com or 04 463 6940.
If you have any questions about this resource or would like to discuss purchasing/accessing this resource please do not hesitate to contact our Event Manager, Fiona McDonald - firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 463 6940.
The Public Sector 101 video presentations and workbook materials, and all associated intellectual property rights belong to IPANZ, unless otherwise referenced. They are provided to you for your individual use and they should not be used or copied for any other individuals or organisations without permission from IPANZ.